During 1969-1973, the College of Education Songkhla, the predecessor of the present Thaksin University, offered two programs in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) majoring in English and in Thai language under the Faculty of Humanity Studies and Social Sciences. In 1973, an additional program in Bachelor of Education majoring in Social Studies was added to the programs of study. Both programs were taught in collaboration with the Faculty of Education. When the college was upgraded as a campus of Srinakharinwirot University under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of University Affairs in 1994, two separate faculties were established: Faculty of Humanities and Faculty of Social Sciences. In addition, a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) program in Thai language was offered in the Faculty of Humanities and a Bachelor of Arts program in History was opened in the Faculty of Social Sciences. Furthermore, a Bachelor program in Geography was offered in the Faculty of Social Sciences in 1985.
Srinakharinwirot University changed its status to be Thaksin University in 1996 and the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Social Sciences were merged once again, reverting to the “Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.”
The Bureau functions as the main organization for the development of the information technology system and makes the University a modern IT organization.
1. Serving as a central agency in providing computer services for teaching and learning, research and administration of Thaksin University.
2. Serving as a central agency in using information communication technology through computer networks within and outside the University.
3. Developing information technology systems for the management of the University.
4. Developing up-to-date teaching system and link them with all campuses of the University.
5. Functioning as a revenue seeking agency.
Computer Bureau Director of Computer Bureau Computer Bureau Board
Deputy Director of Computer Bureau Head of Office, Computer Bureau
· General Administration
· Information and Networking System Development
· Service Provision and Instructional Media Development