The The College of Local Wisdomwas proposed for establishment at the meeting of the University Council on November 20, 2004 to set up at Phanangtung Sub-district, Phatthalung Campus. The project was initially headed by Professor Sutthiwong Phongphaiboon, who initiated the master plan in line with the development as envisaged in the University’s vision that:
"Thaksin University strives for excellence in the development of people and society, focusing on learning and keeping abreast with the modern-day world by integrating Thai traditional- Eastern wisdoms and universal wisdom with an academic knowledge to attain better quality of life and social well-being."
The The College of Local Wisdom aims to develop and utilize land space for maximum benefits of the people of the area in harmony with the environment and local cultures. The Master Plan Committee has organized a seminar with specialists, experts in the various fields, university personnel and personnel in the area for a conceptual framework of the master plan which has been proposed for the establishment of the The College of Local Wisdom Finally, the University Council passed a resolution for the establishment on August 4, 2005.
Vision: The Community Wisdom College serves as a learning community with the integration of diverse knowledge and wisdom of the community and creates a new paradigm through community involvement.
1. Promoting the College to become the learning resources and a center of academic tourism
2. Creating learning process or learning culture with a new paradigm.
3. Researching, experimenting, integrating and selecting Southern Thai wisdom to create a prototype or innovation, thus providing a new alternative to the community.
4. Organizing workshops, offering short courses, providing specialized curriculum and cooperating with various faculties of Thaksin University and other institutions in teaching part of the course or parts of curriculum related to community wisdom.
5. Organizing activities related to community wisdom in conjunction with the centers, institutes, offices of Thaksin University, other educational institutions and external organizations of similar objectives with the College.
6. Supplementing the effective process of learning of local community in Southern Thailand with the ability to integrate the modern knowledge with the folk wisdom; the ultimate goal is the attainment of the learning and a new paradigm for the improvement of the quality of life.
7. Encouraging the community to deposit results of study from the College at the operating stations established outside the College run independently by the members.
Faculty’s Committee Board
Director of the College
Head of College Office Art Wisdom Pavilion (Pavilion 1); Nutrition & Medicine Wisdom Pavilion (Pavilion 2); Well-Being Wisdom Pavilion (Pavilion 3); Wisdom and Technology Transfer Pavilion (Pavilion 4); Renewable Energy Wisdom Pavilion (Pavilion 5); Community Management Wisdom Pavilion (Pavilion 6)
Policy and Planning Task; Management Task;
Finance and Supplies Task; Study and Research for Development Task;
Integration Task; Park Exhibition Task; ……………
___Task (Knowledge and Research Management; Academic Service Task (Short Course Training and Technology and Innovation Transfer)